I want to share the secret technique that I have used to release unhealthy attachments. I have tried every other technique on the personal growth market and this is the simplest yet most effective one that I have tried for myself.
In most cases, attachment is not love but it is the desire to control the other person so that our greatest fears of abandonment may not become reality. True love allows the other person to feel free and empowered to become the best possible version of themselves.
This exercise will not cut love away but ONLY the toxic attachment you may feel towards a person or a situation. Because the brain doesn’t distinguish the difference between what is real and imaginary, this technique will remove energetic attachments if you trust, do, and let go.
Originally created by Canadian writer and speaker Jacques Martel, the “Little Stick Figure” technique helps remove conscious and unconscious ties to create more space for healthy love.
It is important to do the exercise with a pen and paper as the subconscious remembers 90% of what we write. We are working on both conscious and subconscious levels here.
6 Steps. One sheet of paper and a pen. Relief and release.
1. Draw yourself on the left side of the paper with your first and last name under the stick figure that represents you. Trace your face, your eyes, your nose, a smile, your legs, your arms, and your body as per the photo here. Do the same with the other person (or it could a be a situation, a job, a car, etc…). Write his/her first and last name under their stick figure as well. The names are beneath the stick figures below are anonymous.
Draw yourself and the person you wish to release.
2. Now we are going to trace a circle of light around ourselves: trace a circle around yourself and because we don’t want to tell our subconscious that we are locked in something, we are going to add some sparks of light all around that circle. This lets the Universe know that we are open to whatever is best for us. We don’t know what the best is but that’s what we want.
Draw a circle of light around yourself.
3. Now trace a circle of light around the other person as well. Draw sparks of light around their circle as we wish the best for them as well.
4. The next step is to trace a circle of light around yourself and the person. Draw a circle that joins the both of you. Again, we want to inform the universe that we desire the highest outcome for the relationship so we trace sparks of light all around that circle. Tracing a circle of light = I simply want the highest outcome and I let the Universe show me what that looks like.
5. Almost done! You are going to trace the attachment ties that connect your 7 energy centers to the 7 energy centers of the other person. There could be more intense attachment on the level of certain energy centers such as the throat energetic center (speaking your truth, confidence) or your lower chakras where material needs are concerned. Trace 7 lines between the energetic centers. Count them at the end as the subconscious sometimes makes me skip an energetic center because it doesn’t want to let go.
6. Now cut the page in half right at the center of the 7 energetic lines. That informs the conscious and subconscious levels that the attachments no longer exist. The cords are cut! You can get rid of the papers since the work is done.
Voilà!! You are done!! There have been times when I did the process again a few days later when I still felt some attachment.